Tootsie Roll Fudge
· 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
· 2 cups Tootsie Roll Midgees
· 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
· 3-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
· 2 tablespoons milk–or to desired consistancy
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts or pecans)
· Candy toppings–M&Ms, Chopped PB cups, Reese’s Pieces, etc.
· Line an 8-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a
heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls, peanut butter and remaining butter over low heat,
stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar, milk and
vanilla (mixture will be very thick). Fold in nuts (optional).
· Spread into prepared pan. Top with candy, if desired, OR using a sharp knife, score the
surface into 1-in. squares. Press a M&M’s candy into the center of each square. Cool. Using
foil, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Haunting Halloween Bark!
16 whole Oreos, broken up. Golden or holiday filled Oreos work great, too!
1 1/2 C pretzels, broken into pieces.
1 lb. white chocolate, almond bark
1 C plain M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces
1 C candy corn
brown and orange colored sprinkles
Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread broken cookies, pretzels, candy pieces
and about 3/4 C of the candy corn onto the waxed paper. Place white chocolate in a
container and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir and then microwave for another 30
seconds until melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. It tends to melt
faster and burn easier than regular chocolate.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula if needed to
coat evenly. Sprinkle remaining candy corn and colored sprinkles over the chocolate while
it is still wet. Do not let it harden. Place
cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm. Remove and gently break bark into small
pieces. Store in air tight container.
Halloween bark is a great treat for entertaining, party favors OR to give to your favorite
little trick-or-treaters. Be creative and add a variety of candy to make it your own. This is
a wonderful treat to make with kids.
Try wrapping your bark in cellophane with cute holiday finishings. Serve or display it in
waffle ice cream bowls. Keep its presentation simple and fun. Pull out a plain paper bag
and let your creativity flow!