So Studio 5 Contributor Mindy Dunyon lists some unique wedding shower theme and gift ideas.
UNIQUE WEDDING SHOWER THEMES:
1. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
2. Newlyweds “Firsts”.
The first wedding theme, Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, is a great theme to use for a family party. It gives moms, grandmas, and aunts a chance to pass down family heirlooms, or antique house-wares. On the invitation, the host asks everyone to please bring a gift that is either old, new, borrowed or blue.
1. Old: Grandma’s dishes, vintage table-clothes, vintage bedding
2. New: This could be anything…for those who don’t have something old, borrowed or blue.
3. Borrowed: Mom’s jewelry, jewelry box
4. Blue: A gift basket full of anything blue.
The second wedding theme, Newlywed’s “Firsts” is a fun theme because it gives everyone a specific gift to purchase. On the invitation, the host list’s a specific “First” to buy the bride and groom.
1. First Cleaning: Bucket full of cleaning supplies
2. First Breakfast: Re-useable grocery sack full of muffin ingredients, muffin tin and your favorite muffin recipe.
3. First Vacation: A swimsuit for the honeymoon with a book about the honeymoon destination spot.
4. First Camp Out: Ingredients to make S’mores, Skewers, headlights.
5. First Bath: A basket full of bath soaps, scrubbers, lotions.