Running and endurance races have become the fastest growing sporting
events in Utah. Look at any rac
e calendar and you will see multiple races on any given weekend this
summer. Over the past couple of years, new “race” events have popped up
that give participants the opportunity to run or sweat, conquer obstacles, get
dirty, and have a whole lot of fun.
The Pink 5K
April 28 – Pleasant Grove, UT
· Girls just wanna go run, a women’s only event.
· Pink, need we say more?
· Chase the Chief. One token male runner – the Pleasant Grove City Fire
Chief. Runners who beat him to the finish line will get a $10 gift card from
DownEast Basics. For every runner who crosses finish line after him, $1 will
be donated to the local charity of his choice.
· Firemen at the finish line to present finisher charm.
· Prizes for most “pink” apparel.
$25 entry fee valid today only using promo code: studio5
Color Me Rad 5K
April 28 – Orem, UT
· Like a food fight without food.
· Start out with a clean white shirt (bring your own). At each section of the
course you’ll be bombarded with a new color powder (non-toxic colored corn
starch) and you’ll come out silkscreened like a tie-dyed hippy.
· Finish line will be a royal rumble of color, every 15-20 minutes everyone
will grab handfuls of color and pummel each other.
· Finish line party with music and food.
Wednesday only: 20% registration discount today only using code: KSL
Legacy Midnight Run
· Half marathon, 10K, 5K
· Must wear glow sticks that are provided or wear own glow-in-the-dark
· Flashing balloon mile markers, LED ice cubes, LED clip-ons.
Promo code for $10 half marathon discount, $5 10K or 5K discount: studio5
5K Foam Fest
August 4 – Ogden, UT
· Fort Buenaventra State Park
· Teams of at least 4 people, but can be as large as you want.
· Giant car wash for dirty humans.
· Mix of foam, mud, and ginormous inflatable obstacles. Also be ready for
army crawls, colossal walls, mud pits, cargo net climbs, moon walk, and
Promo Code is 5foam for a 5 dollar discount.
This is good through the weekend.
Man vs. Mud
August 31 & September 1 – Wellsville, UT
· Voted Utah’s best mud run.
· Relatively low registration price compared to other mud runs.
· 5K course with 28 obstacles, get ready to take on the mud!
· Boggy Bayou obstacle course kids can go through as many times as they
· Competitive heats on Friday will be times, have additional obstacles, and
participants will get a unique prize.
· Can run with a group as large or small as you want.
Promo code $40 loyalty pricing valid for today only: studio5
There are LOTS of ther CRAZY FUN Runs in Utah. Check the Rocky Mountain
Running & Triathlon Race Guide to see a complete list.
Look at any race calendar
p://www.rockymtnrunning.com/RMRraces/RMRCalendar.shtml and you
will see multiple races on any given weekend this summer.