Darin, Ray Campbell, is the Chair of the Auto Expo and has been since 1990 and highlights some of the day’s events.
This is a 2 – day event which starts on Friday, May 14th with the Swap Meet, and the MAIN EVENT is on Saturday, May 15th from 7a to 5p at Thanksgiving Point Electric Park.
• Utah Valley University’s 23rd Annual Auto Show and Swap Meet – I’ve attached photos from previous shows
• Proceeds from this event go to the scholarship fund for the Automotive Technology Students at UVU
• The event is at Thanksgiving Point Electric Park – rain or shine
• Admission to the car show is $5 per person (children 8 and under are free). Parking is free.
• Admission to just the swap meet is free
• More than 700 cars will be featured at the event from the early teens, to the 70’s, to current cars
• Private car collections will be highlighted from Skip Dunn, Stan Wanless, Ardell Brown and Dr. H. DeWayne Ashmead.
• Cars: In addition to the private collections, there will be custom cars, original vehicles, hot rods, and street rods
• Motorcycles: Will be10% of the show and will feature Indian motorcycles, Harley Davidson’s and more
• Last year, the attendance was over 10,000 people
• More Details: www.uvu.edu/autoexpo
Friday, May 14th:
Swap Meet begins at 12 noon to 5p at Thanksgiving Point. Admission to the swap meet only, is free.
A social and pre-show will be held on Fri., May 14, from 1-5:30 p.m. with prizes, games and awards, sponsored and hosted by Barber Brothers Motor Company.
At 5:45 p.m., the cars will leave Barber Brothers and begin their cruise, which will end at UVU’s Automotive Technology Compound (800 W. University Parkway in Orem). At UVU there will be a barbecue dinner for participants, and they will be able to learn about the program, see the facility and meet the UVU faculty. The barbecue is $5 per person.
Car Show: Saturday, May 15th
The car show and swap meet will be held from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Thanksgiving Point’s Electric Park.
Admission to the car show is $5 per person (children 8 and under are free). Parking is free.
• Governor Gary Herbert will attend (he is a friend of this show) at 10a on Saturday, May 15th
• Carmen Rasmussen, Utah’s own American Idol finalist, will sing the national anthem at 10:45a on Saturday, May 15th
• Plan B, will perform at noon and at 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 15th
• Coloring Contest for kids is 9 a.m. to 2 p. m
• Live Auction from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. even an autographed item by Jay Leno
You can find more information about the history of the event at http://uvu.edu/autoexpo/history/index.html