Deanne Hill, Wasatch County Tourism Spokesperson tells us about some of the great things to do in Heber Valley.
Heber Valley’s Top 5 Winter Activities:
1. Cross-country Skiing: Soldier Hollow put the Heber Valley on the international map during the 2002 Winter Olympics. Now anyone can ski the same cross-country ski trails used during the Olympics. You can even test your skills at the biathlon course.
2. Snowmobiling: The Heber Valley has hundreds of miles of groomed trails and thousands of acres of open fields for mountain snowmobiling. Many people think you have to travel hours away for snowmobiling, but you’ll be surprised how good it is and it’s less than an hour away. There are three different snowmobile outfitters for rentals and tours, including Daniels Summit Lodge, which offers great lodging packages with snowmobiling.
3. Snow Tubing: Soldier Hollow has the longest tubing lanes in Utah, a state-of-the-art tow lift and night lights, making this one of the most fun family activities on snow. The tow lift is so nice … no pulling a sled and trying to carry a child.
4. Snowshoeing: The Wasatch Mountain State Park, Soldier Hollow and the Uintah National Forest provide valleys, hills, and mountains of untouched snow welcoming snowshoe enthusiasts. Beginners can rent snowshoes from the State Park, Soldier Hollow, Zermatt and Homestead.
5. Horse-drawn Sleigh Rides: Enjoy a romantic couple’s sleigh ride or take the whole family for a group ride. A dinner/sleigh ride package is available at the Homestead Resort with Rocky Mountain Outfitters.
• The best part about these activities is anyone can have a great time doing them. If you don’t have the gear, there are a number of outfitters that rent or provide it. There’s no excuse, so get out and experience Utah’s “Greatest Snow on Earth” in the Heber Valley.
Details of activities, outfitters, lodging and dining in the Heber Valley can be found at www.gohebervalley.com.