Getting your kids to eat veggies can be easy, and we’re not talking about zucchini bread.
Mandy Merriman shares this unique take on a popular side.
1 1/2 C thinly shredded zucchini (about 2 medium).
1 C Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
1/2 C freshly shredded parmesan cheese
1 large egg
1/2 t garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2) With the smallest hole side of the cheese grater, shred the zucchini (make sure to chop off the ends first!). When done, wrap the zucchini in a cheese cloth and strain out as much moisture as possible.
3) In a bowl, combine zucchini, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
4) With your hands, take about 1 Tablespoon’s worth of zucchini batter and shape a small tater tot. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (or silpat mat on a cookie sheet, that works, too). Repeat with the remaining zucchini batter, placing the tots about an inch or two away from each other. Spritz with a little olive oil cooking spray.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and crispy – make sure to flip over to bake for another 5 minutes after. Serve warm with marinara sauce or ketchup! Enjoy!
Find more recipes at www.bakingwithblondie.blogspot.com.