Zupas Roasted Red Pepper Soup
2 tbsp. butter
2 cups diced onion
¾ cup diced celery
1 ½ tbsp. diced garlic
2 tsp. dried thyme
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
7 cups vegetable stock
1-28oz. can roasted red peppers
2 tsp. dry basil
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. kosher salt
1. Start by melting 2 tbsp. of butter in a medium sized soup pot.
2. When melted add diced onion, celery, thyme, basil, cayenne pepper, salt and garlic. Sautee vegetables for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
3. Add the water, vegetable base, heavy cream, and roasted red peppers into the soup pot and bring to a simmer.
4. Place soup in blender and blend until the soup has a smooth texture or use a hand blender.
5. Add the bay leaf and simmer for an additional 20 minutes. pick out the bay leaf to finish