Try out some bacon wrapped corn dogs for your next barbecue meal!
Use your smoker or grill to make the best cheese dip, perfect to dunk or dip!
Zach Moreno shares how to make bacon wrapped corn dogs and a delicious cheese sauce to dip them in. The cheese dip can be made in the oven, on the grill, or even on a smoker. It’s a simple, one dish recipe that practically makes itself.
For more recipes from Zach, follow him online at @aboyandagrill.
Bacon Wrapped Corn Dogs
- 1 frozen corn dog
- 2 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 toothpick
- Turn your grill, traeger, or oven to 275.
- Wrap the corn dogs with two slices of bacon each and place on the grill.
- Turn the dogs once in the middle for even cooked bacon
- They are done when the bacon is done to your liking which should be around an hour and 15 minutes.
- Enjoy by themselves or dunked in your favorite dip
Smoked Cheese Dip
- 1-pound Hot Jimmy Dean Sausage or cooked ground beef
- Jalapeños, diced
- 1 block Velveeta cheese
- 2 Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles (mild, regular, or hot)
- Garlic, mined
- Onion, diced
- Cheddar cheese block
- 1 packet of cream cheese
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- For a Smokey flavor addition, cook in a smoker.
- Set the temp to 275
- Combine all ingredients into your preferred dish
- About 45 minutes into the cook, remove dish from the grill or oven and stir until completely stirred.
- Place dish back on the grill or oven and cook until golden browning occurs.
- Should take around 1.5 hour depending on how thick your dish is.
- Remember what you liked and what you didn’t like and next time you make it, be sure to add some things and take out others. Make it your own, have fun with it and enjoy!