These grilled chicken tacos are perfect for a summer barbecue dinner.
Introducing the most flavorful grilled chicken recipe that you will want to make on repeat! Marinated in flavors of garlic and lime, these tangy Margarita Grilled Chicken Tacos are ready to go as soon as the grill is hot!
Studio 5 Food Producer Alex Daynes shared her favorite margarita grilled chicken recipe as part of the Studio 5 BBQ of the Week summer series.
Click here to find the vegetable chopper Alex shared.
Margarita Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen nonalcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon chili lime seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Optional: 1/2 cup cotjia
CILANTRO LIME CREMA
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Salt, Pepper, Chili Lime Seasoning to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a small bowl, combine margarita mix, soda, lime juice, and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a shallow dish. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate, for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken with chili lime seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place chicken on the grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°; 5-7 minutes on each side, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- While the chicken cooks, chop up all the veggies in a bowl for the corn salsa. Coat in lime juice and seasonings and cheese if desired.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the cilantro-lime crema.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and sprinkle cheddar cheese directly onto the pan. Place the tortilla on the cheese and cook for one minute. Flip the tortilla and the cheese should become crispy. Top with chicken, corn salsa, and crema, and enjoy!