Olive oil is making a splash in sweet recipes, not just savory ones.
It’s a simple substitute for butter or vegetable oil in this sugary, spring dessert.
⅓ c. pure olive oil
½ c. granulated sugar
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
⅓ c. milk
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1½ c flour
2 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
1 c. frozen blueberries
6 T flour
6 T powdered sugar
½ t. cinnamon
3 T pure olive oil
1 c. powdered sugar
4 t. water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat one 9-inch round or one 8-inch square baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, blend together (by hand) olive oil, sugar, egg whites, egg, milk and vanilla.
3. In medium size mixing bowl combine: flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Fold frozen blueberries into flour mixture and toss until well coated.
5. Fold flour/blueberry mixture into moistened ingredients until just mixed.
6. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 35~45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
In small mixing bowl add flour, powdered sugar, cinnamon, salt, and olive oil.
In small mixing bowl add powdered sugar and water. Blend until mixed. When streusel is ready, remove from oven and drizzle glaze on top while still hot.