Citrus Salad Toss
* 2/3 c. sugared pecans
* 8 c. torn leaf lettuce
* 8 c. torn Romaine lettuce
* 1 red onion, thinly sliced
* 1 large orange, peeled and sliced (mandarin oranges can be substituted)
* 1 pint strawberries, cut into halves
* 2 avocados, thinly sliced
Combine the lettuce, onion oranges and strawberries in a large salad bowl and toss gently. Add the avocados just before serving. Drizzle with the dressing, tossing gently. Top with the pecans.
Dressing for the Citrus Salad Toss
* 2/3 c. vegetable oil
* 1/4 c. lime juice
* 2 T. orange juice
* 2 T. sugar
* 1 t. grated lime zest
* 1 t/grated orange zest
Combine the oil, lime juice, orange juice, sugar, lime zest and orange zest in an airtight jar and shake well. Chill until serving time.
By: Kris Carlson – Junior League of Salt Lake City
Fruity and nutty, this pasta & chicken salad is a hearty mix. Make it ahead, and add fresh spinach to make it your main dish!
Over the last three months, this pasta salad recipe has been most requested on the Studio 5 website.
Bowtie Chicken Salad
* 10oz. Bowtie pasta, boiled until tender
* 3 large chicken breasts, boiled till cooked, cut into bite size pieces.
* 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
* 1 cups water chestnuts, drained
* 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
* 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries
* 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
* ½ cup honey roasted peanuts
* 5-10oz. spinach (add spinach before serving)
* 1/2cup oil
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 4 tablespoons sugar
* 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
* 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Whisk all dressing ingredients together
Combine all ingredients except spinach. Place overnight in refrigerator in zip-lock bag.
Before serving: Mix together zip-lock bag ingredients and spinach…serve.
Julie Wadman – CraziBeautiful.com