Five ,tasty sandwiches for kids and grownups…minus the bread!
-Peanut butter-no oils or sugars added
1.Core the apple and slice into rounds.
2. Spread peanut butter, on one apple slice a
3. Sprinkle on the granola and raisins
3. Top the sandwich with another apple slice.
– Sliced tomatoes
1. Spread one cucumber with hummus.
2. Top with a sliced tomato and a basil leave
3. Sandwich with another cucumber slice
-Brie, or cream cheese
-Apricot or Berry Jelly no sugar added
1. Spread one pear slice with cheese and jelly
2. Sandwich with another pear slice
Almond Butter,Strawberry,and Honey Waffle Sandwich
1.Spread almond butter, honey, coconut, and sliced strawberries on a waffle.
2. Top with other waffle.
Note: it helps to warm the almond butter a little bit so it is spreadable
Butter Head Lettuce and Feta Avocado Salad Wraps
3 Plum tomatoes-chopped
4 ripe avocado-pitted and chopped
1/4 C finely chopped red onion
1 clove garlic
1/3 C cilantro
! T red wine vinegar
Squeeze of lemon (optional)
4 oz. feta cheese
1 head butter head lettuce
1. Gently stir all o f the ingredients together.
2. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours to let the flavors meld.
3. Wash leaves of lettuce and dry well.
4. Wrap feta avocado salad in butter head lettuce to make a wrap.