You will start getting requests for this oat berry crisp.
When the summer potluck rolls around, you need a dessert that’s a sure crowd pleaser. This treat is elegant, fresh, and satisfies every sweet tooth. So good, it pretty much guarantees you an invite back.
Lindsey Hargett shares her recipe for oat berry crisp, which is always a major hit with her catering company. This recipe is naturally gluten free and can be eaten for breakfast and dessert!
Oat Berry Crisp
By Lindsey Hargett
- 2 12 oz bags frozen mixed berries (any berries will work)
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups oat flour (blend 1 ½ cup oats in blender until fine)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat your oven to 375℉. Grease a 9×13” pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Toss together the frozen berries, cornstarch and almond extract in your baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, sugar, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut the butter into small cubes (either with a knife or break apart with your fingers), then stir it in with the dry ingredients. Blend it in with your hands until it resembles coarse sand, with only small clumps of butter remaining. Spread evenly over the berry mixture.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until lightly golden on top and the berries are bubbly.
Serve with ice cream for dessert, or a dollop of Greek yogurt for breakfast.