This spring risotto uses the freshest ingredients.
It tastes like a bright spring day on the Italian coast. Combining fresh flavors and authentic Italian cuisine for the perfect spring risotto.
Chef Nettie Frank shares the recipe, along with a few helpful tips and tricks.
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 32 oz. Chicken Stock
- 2 c. Water
- 1 ½ c. Arborio Rice
- 1 Onion (1 cup), Diced
- 2 Carrots (¾ cup), Diced
- 1 Portobello Mushroom, Remove Gills and Stem
- 1 c. Peas
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Box (5.2 oz) Boursin Cheese
- In medium stock pot, bring chicken stock and water to a boil to create your hot liquid.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté olive oil, onions, carrots, mushrooms, and peas for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add Arborio Rice, fresh thyme, and butter to sautéed vegetables. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot liquid to Risotto mixture. Stir and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 4 until all hot liquid is added.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Add salt, pepper, and Boursin cheese. Stir until fully combined.
- Turn off heat and serve.
This dish can be served on its own or with any added protein such as grilled chicken, steak, or fish to complement the Risotto.
This Risotto is very easy to reheat, just add 1/2 c. of water and reheat on the stove!