You’ll want to keep your kitchen stocked with this strawberry freezer jam.
Buttermilk biscuits slathered with butter, topped with perfectly sweet strawberry jam. Is there a more heavenly combination?
Lisa Dinsmore shares the recipe for drop biscuits and strawberry freezer jam.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups milk
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter. Then add in the milk. Mix with fork until too thick to mix.
- Continue mixing with hands just until flour is combined.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Scoop 12 large biscuits onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes.
- 3 ¼ cups washed and prepared strawberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 package MCP pectin (yellow box)
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- Combine strawberries and lemon juice in medium bowl. Mix well slowly. (To avoid clumps) Add 1 package MCP pectin. Stir mixture every 5 minutes for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Jam will start opaque and finish shiny and darker when finished. Pour into containers.
- Let set at room temperature for 24 hours before placing in the freezer or fridge.
- Can store in fridge for 4 weeks and in freezer up to 2 years.
– Recipe can be doubled.
– Can be stored in any freezer safe container.
– Try getting multiple batches going at a time.
– Lasts 2+ years in the freezer.
– Prep your strawberries by mashing them in a blender.