16 to 20 large fresh jumbo shrimp or prawns
2 tablespoons Butter Buds or other butter flavor seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
Lemon & Garlic Butter Sauce
3 tablespoons Land O’Lakes or other light whipped butter (3.5 grams fat per tablespoon)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine
2 to 3 fresh cloves garlic, pressed or mined
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Mix butter seasoning together in a shallow bowl with garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and set aside.
2. Leaving shell on, slit shrimp/prawn down back cutting three-fourths of the way through to legs, remove sand vein and spread a part butterfly fashion, rinse and place meat side down on paper towels to dry.
3. Lightly dip shrimp in seasoning mix and place shell side down on foil lined baking sheet side-by-side in one layer. Do not overlap.
4. Melt butter and mix together with lemon juice, wine, fresh garlic, parsley and set aside.
5. Turn oven to broil and set on low if available. Broil shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes and remove from under broiler.
6. Baste shrimp with lemon butter garlic sauce and return to broiler for another to 3 to 4 minutes until sauce is bubbling shrimp meat has turned white. Remove from under broiler and serve immediately.