These no-cook recipes will keep you out of the kitchen.
Summer sun brings the fun—and the heat. Sometimes, it just feels too hot to turn on the oven. Keep the kitchen cool and stay away from the stove with a dinner that doesn’t require any cooking.
Dina Driggs shares a few recipes that don’t require any cooking. She shares where you can buy pre-cooked chicken, hard boiled eggs, and bacon, so the meal is a simple throw together.
Dina made it her duty to buy and try a few different brands of canned chicken, and taste-tested them all to find the winner. According to her, the popular vote pointed to Kirkland Signature’s Canned Chicken, and Swanson Canned Chicken.
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken
- 3/4 Cup Celery, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Vidalia Sweet Onion, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Red Grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Miracle Whip
- 1 1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 24 Mini Croissants or 12 Large Croissants
1. Cook or buy chicken.
2. Chop chicken, onions and celery.
3. Slice red grapes in half.
4. Mix mayonnaise and miracle whip together with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
5. Place cooked and chopped chicken with chopped celery and onions in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise mixture and mix together.
6. Add the red grapes and gently toss.
7. Slice the croissants in half and stuff with chicken salad.