Camping, hiking, swimming, biking…you name it, if it happens outside we’re going to celebrate it. Today we kick off our new theme with a look at some luxury camping gear that will make your outdoor adventure more comfortable.
Studio 5 Producer Angie Denison shows off gear that’ll get you camping in comfort.
It’s easy to understand why people love to camp; the fresh air, the beautiful surroundings and a chance to get away from everything. But getting away from it all doesn’t mean you have to compromise your comfort. There are lots of luxury camping items worth mentioning.
Products worth mentioning:
ThermaCell® Mosquito Repellent
If citronella candles and other old-fashioned methods for keeping mosquitoes away just aren’t working for you, fire up the ThermaCELL Portable repellent and enjoy your next outing in bug-free peace. A butane cartridge heats a chemically treated repellent mat that keeps mosquitoes out of a 225-sq.-ft. area for up to 12 hours. Fully cordless and portable and requires no messy wax. Mosquito protection for up to 12 hours
Available at Cabela’s: http://www.cabelas.com/gifts-10-thermacell-mosquito-repellent
Cabela’s Standard Camp Kitchen
Make your campsite feel like your kitchen at home. This kitchen collapses from 63″ x 17″ x 64″ to 34″ x 7.5″ x 20″ in seconds, making it extremely portable. Three surface areas provide ample room for food preparation. Removable middle table allows access to the 16-gal. PVC sink with drain. The side pantries with shelves provide storage for spices, foods and anything else. A heavy-duty PE mesh center basket has excellent storage for pots and pans that may need some additional drying. The 5mm-coated MDF top and 19 mm steel frame create a durable kitchen that will last for many outdoor adventures. The pantries and carry bag are both made from durable 600-denier polyester. Imported.
Available at Cabela’s:http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Standard-Camp-Kitchen
Disc-O-Bed Cam-O-Cot Bunk Beds
Here’s a great way to increase space in the tent or cabin without sacrificing the number of people it can sleep. The cots can be used as two single beds or configured as a bunk bed using the included steel stack adapters. There are no bolts or screws required, and it’s easy to set up using the unit’s unique cam-operated conversion feature. The collapsible steel frame is strong, stable, self-adjusts on uneven ground and each bed is capable of supporting 400 lbs. The bed surface is constructed of durable 600-denier polyester that’s easy to care for and clean, and will provide years of use. In the bunk configuration the bottom bunk is 12″ off the ground, there is 20″ of space between the beds, and the top bunk is 32″ off the ground. When you’re done using the beds, each packs down into its own included zippered storage bag for easy transport and storage. Imported.
Available at Cabela’s:http://www.cabelas.com/product/Disc-O-Bed-Cam-O-Cot-Bunk-Beds/
The Seat Heater
This is a high quality chair that gives comfort in the outdoor environment. It uses a collapsible heating element that heats both the bottom and back of the chair. It’s great for outdoor kid’s events, ball games, tailgating, hunting,camping, fishing and anything else in the cold.
The chair has a rechargeable battery with four different settings (High/medium-high/medium/low) and will last between 3-5 hours. The chair easily folds up into a bag giving you comfort in any outdoor conditions. You simply just charge the battery in an A/C outlet, then plug it directly in the pocket on the side of the chair and you have heat almost instantly. The battery uses Lithium Ion technology to insure use for a long time (Over 400 recharges). There are also extra pockets to hold your accessories. The Seat Heater can be used year round so you’ll never need another chair again.
The chair is comfortably oversized and can easily accommodate up to 300lbs. The chair includes a bag as well as the battery and charger.
Available at: www.www.theseatheater.com
Coleman’s Instant Tent
* One minute set up or take down, based on average set up time
* Our easiest tent – poles are pre-attached to tent
* Spacious interior
* Exclusive WeatherTec™ System
* Tent is fully taped, no need for separate rain fly
* Heavy duty, 150D fabric, twice the thickness of standard tent fabric
* Cabin structure; heavier, stronger, better for extended stay camping
* Poles are pre-attached to tent
* Vertical walls makes it easier to stand and move about in tent
* Tent is fully taped, eliminating the need for a separate rain fly
* Interior gear pocket
* Reverse angle windows
* Easy instructions sewn into durable carry bag
* Limited 1 year warranty
For more information: http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000005512. Available where Coleman products are sold. Also available at Amazon.com
Hot Water On Demand
* Heats cold water to over 100o F in less than five seconds
* Full size faucet fold into handle
* Heat up to 40 gallons of water with one compact Coleman® 16.4 oz propane cylinder (Propane sold separately)
* For even more hot water, adapt to a bulk propane tank (adapters and tank sold separately)
* Rechargeable 6 volt battery pumps the water
* Battery can be recharged in the car or off of a household outlet
* Recharge cords store inside the heater
* Simple to maintain: clean the heater with a simple household solution
* Portable, propane hot water system for outdoor use only
* Great for emergency preparedness
* 3 year warranty
* Dimensions: 17″L X 9.6″W X 16.1″H
For more information go to: http://search.coleman.com/