2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked rice (1/3 cup raw)
1/2 cup frozen kernel corn
2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (or a mix of both)
2 cups mild or medium salsa
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch black pepper
12 8-inch flour tortillas
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. Boil chicken breasts until chicken is tender. Let cool and cut into small pieces.
2. Combine chicken, beans, rice, and corn. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and 1 cup of the salsa. Add the chili powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Place approximately 1/3 cup of the filling down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place the tortillas in a greased 9” x 13” baking dish.
4. Spread the remaining 1 cup of salsa down the center of the tortillas. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
6. Sprinkle with the chopped green onions. Gently pull apart each burrito to serve. Garnish with sour cream. Serves 6-8.
Note: The amount of black beans may be decreased according to your taste.