3-4 chicken breasts
3 stalk celery, chopped
3 carrots, sliced thin
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 lb. butter (1 cup)
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 gallon water (3 quarts)
3 oz. chicken bouillon granules
1/2 pkg. frozen peas (approximately 5 oz.)
8oz. Cheez Whiz
1 Tb. Beau Monde seasoning (Spice Islands) or poultry seasoning pepper
1. Boil chicken. Let cool and cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
2. Boil celery, carrots, and onion until tender. Drain (use water from the vegetables as part of the 3/4 gallon needed). Set aside.
3. In a large pot, melt butter. Add flour to butter and stir well.
4. Add water to flour and butter (use a whisk).
5. Add bouillon and stir well.
6. Add vegetables, peas, and Cheese Whiz.
7. Stir in chicken pieces.
8. Add seasoning and pepper to taste.
9. Simmer on low to heat through. Enjoy! Serves approximately 15.
Note: This soup freezes well.
Thanks to Barbara Behling for sharing this recipe.