Chicken Lo Mein
1/2 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 pound snap pea pods — strings removed (2 cups)
6 ounces baby-cut carrots — cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch sticks (1 cup)
1/2 (9 ounce) package refrigerated linguine — cut into 2-inch pieces
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons water
1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 cloves garlic — finely chopped
2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
Toasted sesame seed — if desired
1. Cut chicken breast halves lengthwise into 2-inch pieces; cut pieces crosswise into 1/2-inch strips.
2. Heat 2 quarts water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
3. Add pea pods, carrots and linguine; heat to boiling.
4. Boil 2 to 3 minutes or until linguine is just tender; drain.
5. Mix cornstarch, sugar and water.
6. Mix broth, soy sauce, garlic and gingerroot; stir in cornstarch mixture.
7. Spray nonstick wok or 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until cooking spray starts to bubble.
8. Add chicken; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until chicken is white.
9. Stir broth mixture; stir into chicken mixture.
10. Stir in pea pods, carrots and linguine.
11. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. S
12. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.