2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup onion, chopped
6 mushrooms, finely chopped
1 cup cooked and chopped chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
14 manicotti shells
1/4 cup water
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1. Sauté the onion and mushrooms in the butter.
2. Stir in the cooked chicken, salt, and nutmeg. Let cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, blend the ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese and the parsley.
4. Add the cooled chicken mixture and mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the uncooked manicotti shells.
6. Spread half of the spaghetti sauce in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
7. Arrange the filled manicotti shells over the sauce.
8. Pour remaining sauce over the shells and sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella cheese.
9. Pour the water around the edges of the pan, on the manicotti.
10. Cover pan tightly with aluminium foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.