Cook up a meal that’s light on calories, but big on flavor!
Chicken & Plum Pasta Salad
· 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
· 1/3 c. plus 2 T orange juice
· 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 3/4 t. ground cumin
· 1 t. agave nectar or honey
· 1/2 t. kosher salt
· 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
· 1 (13 oz.) box whole wheat penne pasta
· 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
· 4 large plums (about 1 1/4 pounds), pitted and cubed
· 3 1/2 oz. crumbled feta cheese
· 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
· 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, cumin, agave or honey, salt and pepper. Set aside.
The pasta salad:
2. Cook the whole wheat penne according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. In a large bowl, combine the penne, shredded chicken, plums and feta cheese.
4. Pour in the dressing and stir to coat the pasta.
5. Add the green onions and cilantro and stir gently to combine.
6. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
The dressing is adapted from a Cooking Light Magazine recipe.