If the title of this recipe doesn’t get you excited, just you wait. It’s a layer of brownie, layer of Oreos, with a cookies and cream bar melted on top. What more could you want?!
Jodi Ludlow shares how to construct these Oreo stuffed brownies.
Cookies and Cream Oreo Stuffed Brownies
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 large yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- 16 Double Stuf Oreos
- 6 (1.55 oz) Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Bars
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
2. Whisk cocoa and boiling water together in large bowl until smooth. Add unsweetened chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted. Whisk in oil and melted butter (mixture may look curdled, but don’t worry.) Add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla and continue whisking until mixture is smooth.
3. Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated. Add flour and salt and fold in with a rubber spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Evenly place Oreos on top (4×4 row) and press Oreos into the batter.
5. Bake 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely.
Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes, then drizzle with melted chocolate, if using, and slice into squares.
Don’t let the melted candy bar harden too much or when you cut them it will break into pieces. I like to let them sit in the fridge about 8 to 10 minutes, then score the top all the way through the candy bar layer and then refrigerate for 15 -20 more minutes.
You can use a boxed brownie mix (18 oz box) if you’d like or your favorite brownie recipe. Just be sure you cut it down if you need to for an 8×8 pan.