It’s a staple side dish from one of our favorite restaurants. Make lemon tarragon pasta salad for you next barbecue!
If you’ve ever been to Plates and Palates in Bountiful, you’ll know all about this side dish. It’s lemony, it’s full of texture, and it’s the perfect add to your barbecue line up. This copycat recipe couldn’t be easier.
Alex Daynes shares just how quickly you can whip up this pasta salad. It’s one of those recipes you will reach for again and again!
Lemon Tarragon Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) box of bow tie noodles
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 1/4 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook 1 pound of bow tie noodles according to package directions. Pour them into a colander and run cool water through them to lower the temperature.
- Into a large bowl, place the drained pasta, red grapes, celery, almonds, green onions, and chicken.
- To make the dressing, roughly chop two tablespoons of the fresh tarragon and place it in a high powered blender. Add the mayo, buttermilk, onion powder, zest and juice of two lemons, sugar, and honey. Blend on high power for 30 seconds, or until dressing is smooth and frothy.
- Add half of the dressing to the salad and stir to combine. Cover the salad and the remaining half of the dressing and chill for 1-2 hours. Pour the rest of the dressing over the salad just before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!