1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
3-4 ripe bananas (enough for 1 1/2 c. mashed)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Master Mix
2 1/2 heaping teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 oz. White Chocolate Chips (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup dried Cranberries
1. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Mix well until creamy.
2. Mash bananas in small bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix on med-high until well incorporated, but not smooth.
3. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl with rubber spatula.
4. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Add to butter/banana mixture and mix on med-high until combined. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl well.
5. In large bowl combine dry ingredients. Use a wire whisk to mix. Remove 2 teaspoons of flour mixture into small bowl and add cranberries and white chocolate. Stir to coat well.
6. Add dry ingredients to wet. Start mixing on low and work up to high speed about 30 seconds total.
7. Add in chips and cranberries. Mix again on med-low, just until combined.
8. Remove bowl from stand and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl well to make sure all ingredients are combined. Fold batter 3-4 times with rubber spatula.
9. Pour batter into greased bread pan (use butter or cooking spray and coat well).
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Rotate pan in oven, cover with foil and bake another 25-30 min or until wooden skewer comes out clean (moist but not wet).
11. Let cool in pan 15 min. Remove and let cool completely on wire rack.
12. Once completely cooled you can refrigerate for about a week or freeze up to 1 month. Slice before freezing. ** Omit the extra 2 tablespoons of flour in drier less humid weather and reduce xanthan gum to 2 1/2 teaspoons.
*Makes 1 large loaf