This pumpkin chili will be your new fall go-to.
Pumpkin is out in full force! Mix up all the treats to really get into the fall spirit. These two recipes take full advantage of pumpkin season – one for dinner, one for dessert! Bring in cinnamon and other spices for the ultimate fall flavor.
Alex Daynes shares how to make pumpkin chili and pumpkin rice krispie treats. The addition of pumpkin into your classic chili makes it more creamy, but doesn’t overwhelm it with flavor. Top your rice krispie treats with a cinnamon drizzle for that extra fall punch.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can corn
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Optional: 1 15 ounce can Hormel No Bean Chili*
- Toppings: shredded cheese & sour cream
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the butter and onion. Cook the onion for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Next, add the ground beef or turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned completely.
- Add in the tomatoes, corn, pumpkin puree, kidney beans, and black beans and stir.
- Add in the brown sugar, chili powder, cinnamon, garlic salt, and beef broth. You can also add the Hormel No Bean Chili at this point if desired.
- Turn the instant pot saute function off and lock on the lid and set the valve to seal. Manually set the pressure for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes are up, quick release the pressure.
- Serve hot with shredded cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!
*I say the Hormel No Bean Chili is optional because it isn’t necessary for this recipe, but I also like the flavor that it gives the chili. I always add it, but I will leave that up to you!