Brandi Bosworth, from the Ogden Nature Center visits Studio 5.
When: Friday, October 23, 5-8 p.m.
Where: Ogden Nature Center
966 W. 12th Street in Ogden
Cost: $5 Ogden Nature Center members
Who: All ages are welcome
Dress: Dress for outdoor weather, costumes are welcome
This event will be held rain or shine
How: Please call to pre-register at 801-621-7595
Children must be with an adult
All ages are invited to the Ogden Nature Center for a fun, non-frightful evening of trailside education and adventures!
• Take a crepuscular creep (early night-time) along our trails where you’ll meet Ogden Nature Center naturalists transformed into nocturnal animals, each with a tale to tell!
• Meet live owls, snakes and spiders.
• Enjoy trailside treats, campfire songs, face painting & carnival games.
• Make fall nature crafts that you can take home.
• Go on a scavenger hunt for freaky facts!
• Amateur Pumpkin Carving Contest.
In conjunction with Creatures of the Night, the Nature Center is also holding a Pumpkin Carving Contest. It is free to enter. Students ages 3-16 interested in trying their hand at pumpkin carving can enter the contest by submitting a carved (or decorated) pumpkin to the Nature Center from 9 am – 5 pm on Wednesday, Oct. 21 or Thursday, Oct 22. Entries will be divided into categories by age: 3-8 years, 9-12 years and 13-16 years. Entries will be judged on creativity and their relation to the theme “Creatures of the Night.” All pumpkins will be displayed during the Creatures of the Night event and must be picked up by 8 pm, Oct. 23. Winners will be announced at 5:15 pm on Friday, October 23 in the plaza of the L.S. Peery Education Building at the Nature Center. Prizes will be awarded for each age group. Participants must be present to accept the grand prize. For info. call 801-621-7595.
Questions or comments? Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org