Crème brulee s’mores are your next level campfire treats.
Summer isn’t summer until you’ve had the toasted marshmallow-melted chocolate-graham cracker sandwich we call a s’more. Often a new s’mores variation emerges, and this year we’re calling it. Our version is a Fourth of July Creme Brulee S’mores Party where food is the reason to party.
Foods guest, Amy Richardson with Great Tastebuds, blends fun things to eat with a full concept for entertaining. she has re-invented summer’s best dessert.
Crème Brûlée Summertime S’mores
- Tabletop Fire Pits
- Small roasting sticks
- Cream Brûlée Sugared Marshmallows
- Brown Sugar Vanilla Graham Cookies
- Assorted specialty chocolate bars
- Galvanized steel pails, or buckets
- Smooth Rocks
- Sterno cans
- Wood sticks, gathered or purchased dowels
- To make table top fire pits, remove lids from stereo cans, set aside.
- Fill bucket about 2/3 full with small stones. Place sterno can in the center matching the top of the can with the edges of the bucket or slightly above.
- Fill with remaining rocks to cover can, leaving wick exposed. Lightly replace the lid until ready to light.
Sugar Dipped Marshmallows
- Raw cane sugar
- Jumbo or regular marshmallows
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line baking sheet with baking parchment or foil, set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag place 1-2 cups raw sugar.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup place 2 cups water, add vanilla and stir.
- Holding the top of the marshmallow, dip it about about 2/3 down into the water.
- Lightly blot the bottom on a paper towel to remove exceeds water.
- Place marshmallow into ziplock, seal and shake to coat.
- Place sugared marshmallow on prepared tray, and repeat until desired amount is finished.
- Let dry and cover lightly until ready to use.
- If making ahead, place in covered container up to a week ahead.
To caramelize marshmallows
- Cook lightly over flame or over fire until sugar starts to caramelize.
- Let cool for a few seconds to get that crème brûlée sugar crack, place on cookie with desired chocolate, and press to crack.
Brown Sugar Vanilla Graham Cookies recipe and additional info at www.greattastebuds.wordpress.com