Homemade tortillas make these chicken taquitos extra tasty.
These homemade tortillas and taquitos rival anything store bought! They’re crunchy, crispy on the outside, and creamy on the inside.
Lisa Dinsmore is sharing a family favorite in these chicken taquitos with homemade tortillas.
Find more recipes from Lisa on Instagram, @mamalisaskitchen.
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Herdez green salsa verde
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp Trader Joes chili lime seasoning (or chili powder)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- Set chicken and cheese aside
- Cream remaining ingredients together
- Add in shredded chicken and mix
- Add grated cheese and mix
- Scoop filing on flour tortilla and spread down the center. Amount of filling and size of tortilla can be adjusted to fit your needs. Roll tortilla and place seam side down on cookie sheet. Continue until all chicken mixture is gone.
- Spray or brush with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes till browned
- For freezing let cool 30 minutes, freeze 12-24 hours, package.