These meal prep recipes will make mealtime run so much smoother.
Meal prep is more than a food trend. It’s a handy approach you can use to make delicious, healthy, and homemade food you’ll want to eat every day—without the wait.
Meal prepping expert Janae Cox shares three meal prep recipes that will help you better plan ahead and stay on track. She shares a breakfast recipe, how to prepare a salad for lunch, and an easy dinner option that is better than takeout.
3 Easy Meal Prep Recipes
Chunky Monkey Oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shredded Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- Combine all together and refrigerate. I eat mine cold and will sometimes add banana to the top of it in the morning.
Gluten-Free BBQ Chicken Mason Jar Salad
- 2 cup Chicken (diced)
- 2 cup Salad (mixed, green)
- 8 Bacon
- 4 Hardboiled eggs
- 15 Black beans (whole, canned)
- 15 Corn (whole, yellow, canned)
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing (Use Primal Life for dairy-free.)
- 1/4 cup Bbq sauce
- Toss the chicken with enough barbecue sauce to coat.
- Grill, bake, or instant pot chicken. Combine bbq sauce and ranch dressing to make the dressing.
- In a quart-sized, wide-mouth mason jar, add two tablespoons of dressing and then layer with the chicken, bacon, eggs, avocado, beans, corn. Top with lettuce mix
- Store containers in the fridge for 5days. When ready to eat, shake and eat from the jar or shake and dump!
Ham Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup Cooked ham (diced)
- 1/2 Onion (diced but optional)
- 1 Small package frozen mixed veggies
- 4 cup Cooked rice
- 1/4 cup Coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Add eggs to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes. Remove scrambled eggs from skillet; chop and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in w skillet or work over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add rice and half of the liquid aminos. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Next scoot over rice and add ham and sauté for 1-2 min, add frozen bag of veggies, rest of the aminos and eggs.
- Cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.