Wish you could pop the hood and handle car care yourself? You can. Basic auto care is easier than you think.
Julie Brown, an auto instructor, explains how to get your car ready for a summer road trip.
Get Your Car Read for a Road Trip:
· Change oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles (every time the season changes)
· Check all the fluid levels
· Make sure tires are rotated and have good tread
· Rotate tires with every oil change (every 3 months)
· Check tire pressure
Tire Changing Checklist:
· Spare (with accurate tire pressure)
· Wrench to loosen lug nuts
Julie Brown teaches auto mechanics classes for women through Granite Peaks Community Education. Look for her in next session in September 2011. For more information visit: www.granitepeaks.org