Kami Bigler, blogger at “No Biggie,” shares her ideas, and a quick tutorial on how to make your own chalkboard speech bubble.
What you need to make your own Chalkboard Speech Bubble:
• white or black foam core board
• one X-acto knife
• a cutting board
• black Chalkboard Paint
• white chalk
1. Using the X-acto knife, cut the foam core board to the shape of speech bubble you want. You can trace out a shape or do it free hand.
2. Paint both sides of the speech bubble with the black chalkboard paint. I like to do this on a big piece of cardboard. Chalkboard paint dries pretty quick.
3. Once dry on both sides, chalk up the side you want to use with a piece of white chalk, and then wipe it off. This gives it that wore-in chalkboard look.
4. Now you are ready for your photos! Go…have some fun with them!
Hi there! I’m Kami. I’m the girl who runs NoBiggie – a montage of all my favorite things, including: crafting, cooking, and thrifting. My interests include portrait and tabletop photography, paper crafts, decorating and experiencing the thrill of the thrift find. I graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in Public Relations. I love to spend my non-blogging hours with my husband Kyle, our two children and one little puppy-faced dog.