Mix up healthier, homemade versions of your favorite carbonated
6 c. watermelon puree, 1 medium watermelon
3/4 c. fresh lime juice (about 10-12 limes)
Seltzer water (coconut seltzer water would be good)
• make your simple syrup. in a small heavy bottom pot, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup
sugar. bring to a boil over medium heat. once sugar is completely dissolved, remove
from heat and let cool.
• juice your limes either by hand or with a juicer. set aside.
• set a fine mesh sieve over a glass bowl. set aside.
• remove the rind from the watermelon and cut into large chunks. add a couple of cups
of watermelon to your blender and liquefy until no chunks remain. strain puree. repeat
until all of your watermelon has been pureed.
• in a large, glass pitcher, combine watermelon puree, simple syrup, and lime juice.
refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
• when ready to serve, fill a glass with ice. pour watermelon/lime juice 3/4 of the way up
the glass & fill glass with seltzer water.
• garnish with lime wedges or small watermelon slice.
Mint Lime Soda-
3 T limeade concentrate (use less or more depending on how sour you want it)
Fresh mint leaves
Seltzer water (coconut seltzer water is super yummy with the lime!)
Add Ice to glass & first pour in limeade, add mint and muddle with a spoon or fork to help
release the minty goodness. Top soda with seltzer…so refreshing!!
Raspberry Cream Soda-
2 oz. raspberry syrup (this is found by coffee flavorings)
1 oz cream or half and half
Fill glass with ice and add raspberry syrup, add seltzer and top off with cream, stir to
combine & top each drink with fresh berries. Mmm!
Cucumber, Mint & Basil Sodas-from Bon Appetit
· 1 1/2 c. Simple syrup
· 1/2 large cucumber (about 8 oz.), thinly sliced crosswise, plus 12 slices for garnish
· 24 fresh mint leaves plus 12 sprigs for garnish
· 12 fresh basil leaves
· 6 c. soda water, divided
· Bring 1 1/2 c. simple syrup to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove pan from heat and
add cucumber slices (reserving 12 for garnish), 24 mint leaves, and basil. Cover and let
steep for 30 minutes. Strain cucumber-herb syrup into a jar, pressing on solids in strainer.
Fill a 12-oz. glass with ice cubes. Add 2 Tbsp. syrup and top with soda water (about 1/2
cup). Stir to combine. Garnish with cucumber slice and sprig of mint. Repeat to make 11