Try this crazy good summer Panini with homemade garlic mayonnaise.
Zucchini Linguini Panini
rosemary focaccia (recipe to follow)
sautéed veggies of choice
(green and yellow zucchini, mushrooms, red onion)
linguini pasta, cooked
rotisserie chicken, shredded
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
garlic mayonnaise (recipe to follow)
1. Spread garlic mayo on two pieces of focaccia.
2. Stack the remaining ingredients onto the bread, with the mayo side facing the
3. Using a pan, griddle, or “George Forman Grill” cook sandwich till crisp and crazy
1 head of roasted garlic*
vegetable oil plus 2 T. olive oil to equal 1c.
dash of salt
1. Crack the egg in a medium bowl.
2. Using a handheld mixer, slowly pour in the vegetable and olive oils while
vigorously whisking the egg. In about 20 seconds, like magic before your eyes, creamy
delicious mayo will appear.
3. Add the roasted garlic and a dash of salt, whisking for another 5 seconds.
*To roast garlic: chop off tips of garlic bulb and rub with olive oil and sprinkle on salt.
Wrap the garlic ball in foil and roast in a 350º oven for about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Remove foil and squeeze out the cooked, mushy cloves and mash with a fork.
1 1/3 c. shredded potato (1 large Potato, peeled, quartered and boiled for 15 minutes)
3 ½ c. flour
1 ½ t. instant/rapid rise yeast
1 ¼ t. table salt
1 c. warm water
¼ c. olive oil, plus extra for baking sheet
2 T fresh rosemary
¾ t. kosher/course sea salt
1. Mix 3 ¼ c. flour, yeast and salt.
2. Add grated potato, water, and 2 T. oil until dough comes together.
3. Knead for 10 more minutes, adding remaining flour as needed.
4. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let rise until
doubled in size, 1 to 1 ½ hours.
5. Punch dough down and press dough into well-oiled 12-18 inch rimmed baking
sheet. Cover again with oiled plastic wrap, and let rise for another hour.
6. Heat oven to 450º. Remove plastic wrap and press the dough with your
fingertips to dimple it. Drizzle with 2 T. Olive Oil and sprinkle with rosemary and sea
7. Bake until golden and crisp, 20-25 minutes.
(adapted from The America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook)