These Cadbury Egg cookies will be an Easter favorite!
Make a hearty chocolate chip oatmeal cookie filled with Cadbury Egg pieces and mini chocolate chips for Easter!
Karli Bitner shares the recipe for Cadbury Egg cookies. They will be your new favorite Easter treat!
For more recipes and ideas from Karli, connect with her online at @cookingwithkarli and www.cookingwithkarli.com.
Easter Cadbury Egg Cookies
- 1 cup crushed Cadbury mini eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Measure out the crushed Cadbury mini eggs and mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth, light in color and fluffy. This will take a few minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix in the egg add vanilla.
- Once completely combined, stop the mixer and add in the flour, rolled oats baking soda and salt.
- Start mixing slowly, once the flour mixture is about half way incorporated into the dough, pour the Cadbury mini eggs and chocolate chips into the mixer and allow everything to mix together.
- Stop the mixer as soon as the flour is completely incorporated. Avoid over mixing.
- Measure out the dough into 1/3 cup portions of cookie dough for each cookie. Loosely gather the dough together in a tall ‘ball’ leaving the top jagged, for texture. Avoid packing the dough together tightly.
- Repeat this with all of the cookie dough.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes, or until the cookie dough has spread and the edges are turning golden brown.
- Immediately after taking the cookies out of the oven, use the back of a metal spoon and push the edges of the cookie towards the center, creating a perfect circle.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 20 minutes.* Serve warm.