Butter flavored cooking spray
3 tablespoons vanilla wafer cookies crushed in to fine crumbs
3 1/4 cups flour all-purpose flour, sifted
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 stick ½ cup Low fat butter, Land O Lakes
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 large egg
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
1 cup non fat sour cream
4 egg whites at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 10-tube pan or bunt cake pan with butter flavored
cooking spray and dust with cookie crumbs on bottom and along sides, remove any
crumbs that have collected in bottom of pan. You want a dusting of crumbs on bottom
and sides to help cake release from pan.
2. Lightly spoon flour in to measuring cup, add baking soda and salt and sift all
ingredients together into a separate bowl, then whisk to make sure all ingredients are
well combined and set aside
3. Beat butter into a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
Gradually add sugar and extracts, beating until well blended. Add whole egg, beating
well after addition. Add lemon rind and 1/3 cup lemon juice and beat all together for 30
4. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternating with sour cream, beating on low
speed beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Using a copper or stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks (If bowl is
stainless steel, add cream of tartar to whites when just foamy.) Gently fold egg whites
into cake batter mixture to lighten.
6. Pour batter into 10-inch prepared non-stick bunt or tube pan. Bake for
approximately 1 hour and ten minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean and top
springs back when gently pressed with finger. Cool cake on wire in pan for 10
minutes, then turn pan upside down and allow to cool until cake releases from pan.
7. When cool, remove cake from pan and drizzle top and sides with Lemon Glaze
Icing; Sprinkle Easter pastel sugars lightly over top of cake, pink, yellow, and purple.
My favorite yellow and purple. Use only one or two colored sugars so that cake
doesn’t look gaudy. Decorate cake plate around bottom of cake base with Easter
candy, pastel jellybeans, pastel or bright colors that match sugars pastel Gumi rabbits,
Yield 14 servings at approximately 230 calories; 0.2 gram total fat; 0 milligrams
cholesterol; 55 grams carbohydrate; 0.3 gram dietary fiber; 3.5 grams protein; 193
LEMON GLAZE ICING
1 ½ cups Confectioner’s sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1. Pour sugar into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and beat
until smooth. Drip, drizzle or pour icing on top of cake after it has cooled. Glaze Icing
should be thin so that it soaks a little into the cake.