Making your own fried wontons is easier than you think.
You order them when you eat out, but why not make them at home? These golden, crispy fried wontons are a crowd favorite! Easy to find and easy to use, wonton wrappers are sturdy enough to hold a savory filling, but delicate enough to be served as an appetizer or a light side dish with a sauce.
Beverly Constantine shares two different ways to fold up wonton wrappers. One is an easier fold to achieve, but the other results in an almost scoop-like shape that is perfect for dipping! You can’t go wrong! She recommends frying them up in vegetable oil and heating it to 165° F for optimal crispiness. Beverly also shares how to reheat them in the air fryer to keep them nice and crisp.
Find more recipes from Beverly on Instagram, @mychunkytable.
- 1/2 lb. ground beef or pork
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- 4-6 water chestnuts chopped (canned)
- 2-3 stalks of green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Combine all ingredients together in the order in a large mixing bowl.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture onto the wrapper.
- Crease and fold using an egg to seal the edges.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil in a large skillet or deep fryer for 3 mins or until internal temperature is 165° F.