We love a good summer strawberry, so plan a whole menu around it!
We won’t argue that the best way to eat a sweet and juicy strawberry is out of hand, but you might want to give them a little glow-up and glam! Strawberry season is in full swing after all.
Amy Richardson shares all the details on throwing the perfect Summer Strawberry Soiree. All the recipes feature fresh strawberries.
On the Strawberry Soiree Party Menu
- Smashed Strawberry Lemon Spritzers
- Strawberries & Cream Chilled Soup
- Fresh Strawberry, Shaved Parmesan, & Roasted Almond Salad
- Strawberries & Cream Pull-apart Shortcake
- Fresh Strawberries & Cream Slab Pie
Strawberries & Cream Pull-Apart Shortcake
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 tbsp cold butter
- 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2 or whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water
- Crystal sugar
- 2 pounds strawberries, rinsed and sliced, add powdered sugar to sweeten if necessary
- Preheat oven to 425
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lightly flour an 8 inch round cake pan. Set aside.
- Place 2 cups of flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add cold butter and pulse until crumbly.
- Place flour mixture into a medium sized bowl. Stir vanilla into half and and half or milk.
- Add to flour mixture and stir lightly until combined.
- Turn dough out on to lightly floured surface and knead until it just comes together.
- Press into prepared cake round. Dough will be soft.
- Turn out onto prepared sheet, using a knife or pastry scraper, cut into 8 wedges.
- Brush dough with egg wash, and generously sprinkle with crystal sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- With an electric mixer, beat all ingredients on high until soft peaks.
- Serve warm or cooled, topping shortcake with sliced strawberries, and cream.