Try putting these healthy habits into practice.
Suzy Robertson shares three healthy habits to start in 2024.
Healthy Habits to Adopt in 2024
Suzy lives by the 80/20 principle; where 80% of the time she tries to eat as healthy as possible, and the other 20% she spends enjoying sweets and all of the other delectable things in life! She says it’s all about balance.
Eating the Rainbow
Suzy is a big believer that nature’s palette will nourish your body and soul. She says that we need a diversity of plants to feed the healthy gut bacteria in creating a healthy microbiome. Eating the vibrant colors of fruits and veggies is key for both physical and mental health.
- Varity is Key: Suzy says it’s important to get a variety of veggies and fruits.
- Nutrient Powerhouse: Suzy says each color offers unique vitamins and antioxidants. For a well-rounded diet, seek a diverse mix.
- Balanced Plate: Suzy says we should incorporate different hues into every meal. Your plate should resemble a dazzling rainbow!
- Fresh and Local: Suzy says to opt for local produce to support your community and capture the fresh flavor of the season.
- Eat the Peel: Lots of nutrients are in the skin, she adds. She says it’s okay to have a little peel on your plate. She recommends putting a slice of lemon or line into a smoothie for the zesty flavor. Just be sure to wash the skin!
- Creative Combos: Mix and match colors to create visually appealing and nutrient-rich dishes.
- Snack Smart: Suzy keeps colorful cut-up veggies and fruits on hand for convenient, healthy snacking. She says when we make eating healthy convenient, it makes it much more doable!