healthy habits
Adobe Stock

Eat the rainbow this year! 3 healthy habits to put into practice in 2024

Try putting these healthy habits into practice.

Suzy Robertson shares three healthy habits to start in 2024.

Find more healthy ideas from Suzy on Instagram, @suzysnaturalhealthmovement, or at


Healthy Habits to Adopt in 2024

80/20 Principle

Suzy lives by the 80/20 principle; where 80% of the time she tries to eat as healthy as possible, and the other 20% she spends enjoying sweets and all of the other delectable things in life! She says it’s all about balance.

Eating the Rainbow

Suzy is a big believer that nature’s palette will nourish your body and soul. She says that we need a diversity of plants to feed the healthy gut bacteria in creating a healthy microbiome. Eating the vibrant colors of fruits and veggies is key for both physical and mental health.

  • Varity is Key: Suzy says it’s important to get a variety of veggies and fruits.
  • Nutrient Powerhouse: Suzy says each color offers unique vitamins and antioxidants. For a well-rounded diet, seek a diverse mix.
  • Balanced Plate: Suzy says we should incorporate different hues into every meal. Your plate should resemble a dazzling rainbow!
  • Fresh and Local: Suzy says to opt for local produce to support your community and capture the fresh flavor of the season.
  • Eat the Peel: Lots of nutrients are in the skin, she adds. She says it’s okay to have a little peel on your plate. She recommends putting a slice of lemon or line into a smoothie for the zesty flavor. Just be sure to wash the skin!
  • Creative Combos: Mix and match colors to create visually appealing and nutrient-rich dishes.
  • Snack Smart: Suzy keeps colorful cut-up veggies and fruits on hand for convenient, healthy snacking. She says when we make eating healthy convenient, it makes it much more doable!

Add comment