1 medium eggplant, sliced into ¼-inch slices
2 eggs, whisk with ¼ cup milk
2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Olive oil for frying
Mozzarella cheese, 1/8-inch slices
28 oz. favorite spaghetti sauce
¼ grated Parmesan cheese
Basil, for garnish – optional
Have twice as many eggplant slices as Mozzarella slices. The Mozzarella will be sandwiched in between two eggplant slices.
1. Whisk egg and milk in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Sprinkle half the bread crumbs on a large plate; set aside.
3. Heat aprox ½-inch oil in frying pan. Test oil by dropping in a small piece of bread; when oil sizzles it’s ready.
4. Dip eggplant slice in egg mixture, then dredge in bread crumbs, place in oil. Fry until light brown and turn, continue to cook until light brown.
5. Place cooked slice in a baking dish, top with a slice of Mozzarella cheese and then with another cooked slice of eggplant.
6. Continue process until all eggplant are in baking dish. Top each with spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Place in oven at 350 degrees and cook aprox 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.