Eggs benedict makes the perfect Mother’s Day breakfast in bed.
Pull your hubby into the room if you can! We’ve got the perfect recipe he and the kids can serve you for Mother’s Day breakfast in bed—or any special occasion, for that matter.
Chef Todd Leonard shares the recipe for a fancy eggs benedict.
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Yields: 2 cups
- ½ cup egg yolks
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp. White wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper or to taste
- ½ Tbsp. Lecithin
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- Blend the egg yolks in a food processor on high with the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- In a small saucepan bring the butter to a simmer. Add in the lecithin to food processor.
- Slowly add the butter to the food processor slowly just drizzling it in while processing on high. When all the butter is emulsified in add in the remaining ingredients, taste, and adjust as needed.
- 2 quarts water
- 2 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- Add 2 quarts water to a medium saucepan. Bring Ingredients in the pot and bring to a low simmer, crack eggs and place in portion cups, drop eggs in water sliding from the cup into the pot.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
Assembling the Eggs Benedict
(ingredients listed for 1 serving)
- 1 English muffin grilled in bacon fat in Teflon pan or cast-iron skillet – 2 pieces
- 4oz shaved ham, warmed with a pat of butter
- 2oz hollandaise sauce
- 2oz king crab meat – warmed with butter and chives
- 2 poached eggs