8 whole eggs
8 1/2-oz. slices 96 to 98% fat free Canadian Bacon
4 Low fat or fat free mixed grain or whole-wheat English muffins, split
1 recipe Light Mock Hollandaise Sauce
1. Prepare Light Mock Hollandaise Sauce according to recipe directions and keep warm over hot water in a double boiler or on very low heat.
2. Preheat oven on 200 F°. Preheat a large non-stick or stick-resistant frying pan on medium-high. Cook Canadian bacon 1 to 2 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove from frying pan to a dish, cover and place in warm oven.
3. Split English muffins and toast both sides until golden. Cover and set aside in warm oven with Canadian bacon.
4. Bring water to boil in a non reactive 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Break an egg into a small dish and slide into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Reduce heat to low and poach eggs for 3 minutes or until whites are firm. Yolk should still be soft. Remove poached eggs carefully with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
5. Place a toasted muffin half on a warm plate and top with a slice of Canadian bacon followed by a poached egg and two tablespoons of Light Mock Hollandaise Sauce, serve immediately.
LIGHT MOCK HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
1/2 cup evaporated nonfat skim milk
1/2 cup skim milk
2 ½ tablespoons flour
1 egg yolk
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Molly McButter or similar butter seasoning
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 dashes cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Pour evaporated skim milk and fresh skim into a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Adding about a third of the flour at a time, whisk briskly into milk until blended. Whisk egg yolk into milk mixture until blended.
2. Bring mixture to gentle boil over medium heat; whisking constantly continue to cook 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low and whisk in lemon juice and remaining four ingredients. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking often. Adjust seasonings if necessary and.