Combine your love of family history with your passion for papercrafting and create an adorable Family Tree Magnet Board
Kelly White from Heartland Paper shows how to make a Family History home decor project.
Our Family Tree Magnet Board by Heartland Paper
Ingredients you will need: (all ingredients are available at Heartland Paper)
2 -Sheets Cosmo Cricket Early Bird “Farmer’s Market”
1- Sheet Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday “Wednesday”
1- Sheet Bo Bunny Double Dot Paper
1- Sheet Graphic 45 Fashionista “Perfumeries”
1- 16X16″ magnet board
1-2 yards of ribbon for hanging
12″ Green Ric-Rac
Alphabet letters or Die-cuts that spell out “Our
Family Tree” (we cut ours on the QuicKutz Silhouette)
Cardstock for leaves
Fiskars Large Leaf Punch
Small Bird punch or die cut (we cut ours on the
1 ¾” circle punch
Glossy Accents adhesive or other clear adhesive for pebbles
Black and White photos cut to circles for pebbles
Magnets for back of pebbles
Ink for Distressing (we used Creamy Brown chalk ink)
1. Trace tree trunk on brown dot paper. Cut out and ink edges.
2. Trace tree leaves on green patterned paper. Cut out and ink edges.
3. Cut 1 four 2″ strips from “Farmer’s Market” paper. Using 1 ¾” circle punch, cut out four circle flowers (for corners) from the remaining sheet of Farmer’s Market paper.
4. Cut 4 2X2″ squares (backside used for corners)from remaining brown polka dot paper.
5. Cut random branches from brown polka dot scraps to stick into top of tree as shown.
6. Ink and Adhere background grid, border pieces, corner pieces, trunk, branches and greenery to magnet board.
7. Ink and Adhere lettering and bird.
8. Adhere ric-rac to the bottom border of tree
9. Match photos to clear bubbles. Trim as necessary. Using glossing accents or other clear adhesive, glue photo onto flat side of pebble.
10. Add magnet to the back of each pebble when dry.
11. Using Fiskars punch, punch leaves from green cardstock. On each leaf, write a family members name or a characteristic about that family member. Punch two leaves for each person.
12. Ink and fold leaves to give dimension.
13. Adhere leaves to the back of pebbles with glue dots.
14. Place magnets in tree where desired.
15. Tie ribbon through holes in magnet board to hang on wall.
Here is the pdf pattern and instructions for the project.
Click here for PDF pattern.
You can preorder kits for this project at from Heartland Paper Stores. There contact information is at www.heartlandpaper.com.