1 fennel bulb, peeled if necessary
2 red apples, quartered and cored
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon liquid honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
25 min prep
1. Slice end from fennel and remove shoots from top; if exterior of bulb is discoloured or at all ugly, peel it.
2. Slice fennel and apples thinly into matchstick pieces; place in a serving bowl.
3. Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until well combined.
4. Pour dressing over fennel and apples and toss; let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
5. Note: dressing can be made without a blender– mince garlic, then whisk all dressing ingredients together.