A few flickering lanterns will add some spook to your front stoop.
The Disneyland style haunted mansion comes to your house in a very clever way. We’re making moody, spooky, flickering lights from upcycled materials. It’s a project that will bring the oos and ahhs, and is perfect for at-home use.
Designer of Festival Transylvania at Millcreek Gardens, Chad Evans, shares his ideas.
How to Turn an Old Clock Into a Lighted Sign
- Remove rear panels from clock. Discard the clock mechanism, but keep the rear panel intact.
- Using di-cut lettering or thick marker, apply lettering to inside or outside of glass face.
- Using any translucent material, cut and color an insert to install behind the glass.
- Attach a strand of fairy lights to the translucent panel, and install behind the glass.
- Reassemble the clock panels, making sure that the fairy light controls are accessible from behind.
See more of Chad’s work when you visit Festival Transylvania at Millcreek Gardens. This is a very family friendly outing, a spook alley for the little ones!