A tasty summer salad does not go unnoticed in our book!
Beat the summer heat with a fresh, chilled salad! This recipe has all the flavorful mix ins to be the show-stopper side at your dinner table. The only prep is a bit of chopping!
Find more of Marguerite’s cooking on Instagram, @margueriteh100.
Corn and Bean Summer Salad
- 16-ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored and diced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal, ends trimmed
- ¼ purple onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or use a spicy chili powder for additional heat
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.