Fresh Peach Pie
¼ cup lemon juice
3 cups fresh sliced peaches
1 cup sugar – divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon vanilla or almond flavoring (I prefer vanilla)
1. Toss the lemon juice and peaches with 1/2 cup sugar.
2. Allow the mix to macerate (set) for one hour in the refrigerator.
3. Drain fruit and save one cup of the juice. If there isn’t 1 cup of juice, add enough water or juice to make 1 cup. (If I need to, I use peach nectar or apple juice.)
4. In a sauce pan melt butter and cornstarch to make a rough.
5. Add the juice, ½ cup sugar, salt, and flavoring.
6. With a wire whisk, blend until well mixed.
7. Bring to a boil stirring until thick.
8. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly; about 5-10 minutes.
9. Add the fruit and pour into a 10″ cooked pie shell. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
For more great recipes, visit mindikamoments.blogspot.com