1 recipe prepared Light Graham Cracker Crust
3 large mangos, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 1/4 cups sugar divided into 3/4 cup and 1/2 cup
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1-8 oz container 50% less fat cream cheese (4.5 grams fat per 1-oz.)
1-8 oz container fat free whipped topping (Cool Whip, etc.)
—– Fresh Mango Lime Compote Ingredients as Follows: —–
1 large mango peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon orange liquor – optional
1. Prepare crust according to recipe below and cool to room temperature.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree mango with 1/2 cup sugar; 1/4 cup lime juice and orange liquor until smooth.
3. Place cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. With mixer on low speed pour mango puree into cream cheese mixture and beat together until well combined. Using a spatula or wooden spoon fold whipped topping gently into mango/cheese mixture until well blended.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan smoothing out top, cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until firm at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. To prepare Compote gently toss fresh mango slices with sugar, lime juice and liquor, cover and refrigerate until needed.
6. To serve; slip wet knife around edge of spring-form pan to release sides of pie and remove ring from pan. Place bottom of pan on serving plate and top pie decoratively with Fresh Mango Compote or slice pie into 12 pieces and top each slice with 1-tablespoon Mango Compote.
Yield: 12 servings with crust at approximately 250 calories; 4.4 grams total fat; 2.4 grams saturated fat; 11 milligrams cholesterol; 49 grams carbohydrate; 0.4 gram dietary fiber; 2.7 grams protein; 203 milligrams sodium.
LIGHT GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 1/4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs or 10 whole crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Butter (5.5 grams fat per 1 tablespoon) or other light butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in the bottom of 9 to 10-inch spring-form pan. Pat crust evenly over bottom of pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool before filling.
Recipes from the Cookbook, LIGHTEN UP, THE ART OF LOW FAT GOURMET COOKING,
by Mary E. Ross