1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and garlic powder in bowl.
2. Cut margarine in with a pastry blender as you would do for pie dough.
3.Add cheese and stir to coat with flour.
4. Add milk all at once and stir gently just until incorporatted. The dough
should be very soft but still hold together.
5. With a large spoon, drop dough onto a ligtly greased baking sheet.
Sprinkle top with poppy or sesame seeds, if desired.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until lightly brown.